In celebration on B Corp month we went along to Innocent’s HQ — Fruit Towers — to hobnob with some of our fellow B Corps. Here are the five most interesting fruity facts from the event.
- Unsurprisingly Innocent know how to provide refreshments. The lemon and lime fizzy can is bloody good, the others are pretty good too but that’s a strong choice. In fact, B Corp events provide the best snacks because there are lots of terrific snack-based B Corps.
- As part of B Corp month Waitrose launched a dedicated B Corp shop. Waitrose isn’t a B Corp but it was good to see a household name associating itself with the growing movement (B Corp UK launched in 2015 with just over 60 companies and now has over 200). The shop was such a success that it’s going to be made a permanent feature on their website. A brilliant case study for the B Corp community. And another reminder for us that consumers are looking to shop with brands that are doing something good.
- The offices are everything you would expect: open plan, a splash of astroturf and a delightful amount of succulents. There was an abundance of examples that show their internal brand is just as strong as the external one.
- Now for my favourite part. There are always two spare chairs round the Innocent boardroom table. One for the ‘environment’ and one for ‘society’ so they always have a seat at the table.
- And lastly, the banana phone is real. Double dare you: 020 7993 3311.
Thanks a melon for having us B Corp and Innocent.
And shout out to Katie for the tour.